Child Abuse Victims and Recantation: Practical Prosecution Tips
These cases are never easy. Even if the recantation can ultimately be shown to be untruthful, the mere suggestion that the victim is changing his or her testimony will cause serious complications, and can ultimately be fatal to a prosecution. But there are...
Legislation Strengthens Stalking Prosecution
A bill strengthening how stalking offenders are prosecuted and sentenced is moving through the Wyoming legislature. But Tara Muir, Public Policy Director with the Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, said the bill has met debate...
PRESS RELEASE: Prosecutors and Public Defenders Come Together For Lasting Criminal Justice Reform
Press Release For Immediate Release March 6, 2018 PROSECUTORS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS COME TOGETHER FOR LASTING CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM Commonly Seen as Adversaries APA and NLADA are Now Collaborating On Recommendations for Fundamental Changes to the Cr...
- Myrna Perez-Drace of Essex County Prosecutor’s Office discusses shift in bail. @macfound @DAJohnChisholm… https://t.co/azx7qbMGhn
[7 hours ago]
- DAY 2: Safety + Justice Leadership Institute in Portland, OR.
We are discussing the successes and challenges of ful… https://t.co/58thOM78D9
[8 hours ago]
- DAY 1: We discussed the role of prosecutors in bail and pre-trial release decisions @safety_justice @ProsecutorDave… https://t.co/Yfn171OrUK
[9 hours ago]
- Multnomah County DA Rod Underhill gives remarks during our Safety+ Justice Leadership Institute in Portland, OR.… https://t.co/ZgspmHUOID
[9 hours ago]
- Shots Not Fired: A new Oregon law takes guns from people who may do harm https://t.co/DYFU7BPrIX @ProsecutorDave
[10 hours ago]