Animal Welfare Institute, Other Groups Urge Florida Governor to Reassign Raccoon Drowning Case
August 1, 2018 Washington, DC—In a letter sent Monday to Florida Gov. Rick Scott regarding the Ocala teacher accused of drowning animals in front of his students, the Animal Welfare Institute (AWI), the Association of Prosecuting Attorneys, and the...
Child Abuse Victims and Recantation: Practical Prosecution Tips
These cases are never easy. Even if the recantation can ultimately be shown to be untruthful, the mere suggestion that the victim is changing his or her testimony will cause serious complications, and can ultimately be fatal to a prosecution. But there are...
Legislation Strengthens Stalking Prosecution
A bill strengthening how stalking offenders are prosecuted and sentenced is moving through the Wyoming legislature. But Tara Muir, Public Policy Director with the Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, said the bill has met debate...
- RT @APAinc: Join us on August 24 at 3 PM EST for a Risk and Needs Assessment webinar. Presenter Annie Schachar of @courtinnovation will foc…
[29 mins ago]
- RT @EBRDA: Law Enforcement pushes technology they hope will make city safer https://t.co/Yfne3Pxr7e
[34 mins ago]
- RT @EBRDA: Cellphone pass code of Lafayette man in fatal LSU hazing case wanted by prosecutors
[35 mins ago]
- ‘The push starts now’: With Trump’s support, prison reform finally has a shot in Congress https://t.co/oAbLKrg3Sp @ProsecutorDave
[43 mins ago]
- From @HarvardBiz: A Closer Look at How the Opioid Epidemic Affects Employment https://t.co/OXOlIWAHhs @ProsecutorDave
[45 mins ago]