The Case Backlogs project is a Stand Together Trust (STT)-funded effort to provide prosecutors with insights into the current state of case backlog around the country while also elevating model practices and protocols for addressing them. Prosecutor offices will be solicited to apply for specialized training and technical assistance (TTA) via an request for proposals, and those who require light touch TA may contact APA at any time to request peer-to-peer exchanges or access to case backlog-related materials and information.
The core goals of this project include:
- Assessing the field to determine the extent of case backlog amongst prosecutors’ offices across the country;
- Elevating model policies and practices that offices are using to address their case backlog;
- Effectively create a community of practice of prosecutors and subject matter experts to share resources and be a sounding board for ideas and efforts in this space, in the form of a prosecutor-oriented listserv;
- Maintain an online resource page for prosecutors to use when addressing case backlogs in their jurisdictions; and
- Provide both remote and onsite TTA to requesting prosecutors’ offices to assess needs and provide recommendations and resources to reduce case backlog.
View the latest news updates from the field about case backlogs. If you have any updates that you would like to be shared to this feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stand Together Trust is part of a broader philanthropic community that helps America’s boldest changemakers tackle the root causes of our country’s biggest problems – driving solutions on education, economic opportunity, health care, bridging partisan divides, and dozens of other pressing issues. Stand Together helps partners transform their results by accessing capabilities including funding, tapping into a unique network including Fortune 50 CEOs, civil rights leaders, and hundreds of nonprofit leaders, and utilizing a playbook for applying principles that are proven to help people thrive.
To learn more about Stand Together Trust, please visit their website.