Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney (position guaranteed only until 12/2023)
Summary of Duties
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is seeking resumes from highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney position within our Criminal Division. Duties include prosecution of District Court, Juvenile Court, and/or Superior Court cases, depending on level of qualifications.
This employment opportunity is for a regular fulltime project position with an end date of December 31, 2023.
NOTE: Depending upon qualifications, the successful applicant will be placed at a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I or II classification.
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I:
- Graduation from a recognized and accredited school of law and admission to the Bar of the State of Washington.
- Knowledge of traffic, juvenile and criminal laws of the State of Washington; rules and procedures of justice and superior courts; basic techniques of preparation of traffic and criminal cases.
- Ability to perform basic legal research and present evidence in atmosphere of criminal trial.
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney II:
- Graduation from a recognized school of law, and admission to the Bar of the State of Washington.
- Must have a minimum of two years of practice as an attorney with criminal trial experience or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of traffic and criminal laws of the State of Washington; rules and procedures of juvenile, justice and superior courts; basic techniques of preparation and prosecution of juvenile, traffic and felony criminal cases.
- Ability to perform legal research; analyze and apply legal principles, facts, evidence, and precedents to legal problems; present law, facts, evidence, and arguments clearly and logically in written and oral form; work harmoniously with law enforcement and court personnel and maintain good public relations.
Other Position Related Information
Questions regarding this opportunity?
The contact person for this recruitment is: Christen Peters at (360) 786-5540 Ext 6256
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I – $6,156.00 – $6,402.00 Monthly
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney II – $6,723.00 – $9,148.00 Monthly
This position is:
– Represented by the Association of Thurston County Deputy Prosecuting Attorneys
– Eligible for benefits
– Not eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
– Contingent upon passing a background investigation
Items required for consideration:
– Letter of Interest
– Reference List
– Supplemental Questionnaire (Applicant Disclosure Form – Pursuant to RCW Section 43.43.830)