Summary of Duties
**This employment opportunity will remain open until filled. The Thurston County
Prosecuting Attorney’s Office reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time. To ensure consideration for this position, please submit your application as soon as possible.**
This employment opportunity is for a regular fulltime project position with an end date of December 31, 2024.
The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is seeking resumes from highly motivated and qualified individuals to fill a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney position within our Criminal Division. Duties include prosecution of District Court, Juvenile Court, and/or Superior Court cases, depending on level of qualifications.
NOTE: Depending upon qualifications, the successful applicant will be placed at a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I or II classification. The Thurston County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is requesting these end date positions become permanent positions in the 2023 budget process.
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I:
- Graduation from a recognized and accredited school of law and admission to the Bar of the State of Washington.
- Knowledge of traffic, juvenile and criminal laws of the State of Washington; rules and procedures of justice and superior courts; basic techniques of preparation of traffic and criminal cases.
- Ability to perform basic legal research and present evidence in atmosphere of criminal trial.
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney II:
- Graduation from a recognized school of law, and admission to the Bar of the State of Washington.
- Must have a minimum of two years of practice as an attorney with criminal trial experience or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of traffic and criminal laws of the State of Washington; rules and procedures of juvenile justice, justice and superior courts; basic techniques of preparation and prosecution of juvenile, traffic and felony criminal cases.
- Ability to perform legal research; analyze and apply legal principles, facts, evidence, and precedents to legal problems; present law, facts, evidence, and arguments clearly and logically in written and oral form; work harmoniously with law enforcement and court personnel and maintain good public relations.
Other Position Related Information
Questions regarding this position?
The contact person for this recruitment is: Christen Peters at (360) 786-5540 Ext 6256
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney I – $6,156.00 – $6,402.00 Monthly
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney II – $6,723.00 – $9,148.00 Monthly
This position is:
– Represented by the Association of Thurston County Deputy Prosecuting Attorneys
– Eligible for benefits
– Not eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
– Contingent upon passing a background investigation
Items required for consideration:
– Letter of Interest
– Reference List
– Supplemental Questionnaire (Applicant Disclosure Form – Pursuant to RCW Section 43.43.830)