Full-time position which performs a wide variety of routine to complex criminal prosecution in the State and Federal court systems including misdemeanor and felony criminal violations and youth court matters; does related duties as required. Eligible for telework upon supervisor approval.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
• Deputy County Attorney: $81,000/year + Full Benefits Pkg;
• Senior Deputy County Attorney: $81,000 – $110,511/year DOQ + Full Benefits Pkg
• Health Insurance managed by Blue Cross Blue Shield with traditional and HDHP benefit plans. Includes dental, life, supplemental life, prescription, employee assistance program, and optional vision coverage for employees, spouses, and dependents. Flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, dependent care, and short- and long-term disability benefits are also available.
• Ten hours of vacation and eight hours of sick leave per month with ten paid holidays per year. • Retirement through the Montana Public Employees’ Retirement System offering a choice of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans.
• Optional ROTH and 457(b) deferred compensation plans.
• Teamsters Union representation and optional membership.
• Parking available by seniority for $8 per month.
DEPUTY COUNTY ATTORNEY
• Juris Doctorate;
• Must be a member of the Montana State Bar or actively pursuing licensure.
SENIOR DEPUTY COUNTY ATTORNEY
• Juris Doctorate; must be a member of the Montana State Bar;
• Minimum of two (2) years’ criminal prosecution and trial experience as a Deputy County Attorney or two (2) years’ experience practicing law including civil litigation, criminal litigation and/or local government law; or any equivalent combination of experience and training totaling six (6) years;
• Demonstrated ability to litigate and try cases and effectively handle a demanding caseload.
This position requires a criminal background check as prescribed by CJIN/NCIC policies.