Deputy District Attorney – Fifth Judicial District, CO
The 5th Judicial District has several exciting opportunities available for Deputy District Attorney’s across the 5th Judicial District. Do you have a passion for adventure and the great outdoors? With offices located in Eagle, Summit, Clear Creek and Lake Counties, you will have access to some of the best skiing in the state, mountain biking, rafting, kayaking, fly fishing, proximity to Denver, gorgeous scenery and a healthy lifestyle. Our mission – To fairly uphold and enforce the laws of the State of Colorado, and to seek justice in all cases.
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site and remote as job duties require. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, with typical hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This full-time position has a starting annual salary of 70,000 DOE. We also offer a generous benefits package, on – going trainings / continuing education, great opportunity to gain experience as a prosecutor for attorneys just out of law school.
The ideal candidates will perform professional legal work in the prosecution of cases in either Eagle, Summit, Clear Creek or Lake County Courts, acting on behalf of the District Attorney and representing the People of the State of Colorado in court proceeding.
Essential Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Handling all aspects of criminal cases including preparing and prosecuting jury and/or bench trials.
- Reviews criminal case files including police reports, evidence, witness statements, criminal histories and victim input and determines appropriate plea offers of said cases.
- Performs research and writing of legal briefs, motions and pleadings.
- Presents evidence, argues motions for suppression and other legal motions, conducts jury selection, direct and cross-examination of witnesses and opening and closing arguments in court.
- Assists victims of crime through the criminal justice system and communicates with victims and witnesses on cases in which they are involved
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by the District Attorney or Assistant District Attorney.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
- Admission by the Supreme Court of Colorado to practice law in the State of Colorado at the time of appointment.
- Submit Cover Letter and Resume with References to District Attorney – Heidi McCollum to firstname.lastname@example.org