Now Hiring: In-Office Administrative Assistant Position
Administrative Assistant Job Description
The Association of Prosecuting Attorneys (APA) is a highly experienced leader in the field of nationwide training and technical assistance. APA’s membership includes prosecutors’ offices, elected, appointed, and line prosecutors, justice system professionals, and community partners. The Association staff includes experienced attorneys and is led by practicing elected and appointed prosecutors. Through numerous projects, committees, advisory boards, partnerships, and collaborative efforts, APA is the national clearinghouse for innovative and effective prosecutorial practices.
This position provides general administrative and office support to staff and attorneys. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of general office operations and procedures (including computer applications). In addition, he/she will project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Answer telephones and transfer calls to appropriate staff members
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for management staff
- Managing the CEO/President’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proofread documents
- Update and manage all social media platforms
- Update and maintain website using WordPress and blog platforms
- Perform general clerical duties
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Purchase office supplies
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, company credit cards and office keys
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Survey Monkey, Google Forms, WordPress, Canva and Zoom (Meetings and Webinars)
- Telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Some college education or degree
- Previous experience working in a prosecutor’s office, law firm or non-profit
40 hr/per week position based in DC headquarters
Salary and Benefits:
Full health benefits with 401(k) retirement plan with a salary ranging between $75k+.
APA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. APA is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.